Announcement and Call for Papers
Authors are invited to submit complete, original and unpublished research papers to the 2nd International Conference on Accounting and Finance (ICAF-IMDS 2020) that address issues relating to theory, method and practice in accounting and finance. The conference is in collaboration with the Accounting Research Institute (ARI-UiTM), Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) Shah Alam, Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) Sarawak, Imperial Hotel Kuching, the Business Events Sarawak, Sarawak Convention Bureau, and the Ministry of Tourism, Art, Culture, Youth & Sports Sarawak.
ICAF-IMDS 2020 seeks research papers related, but not limited, to the following areas linked with the Conference theme, “Fourth Industrial Revolution and the Accounting Profession: A Sunset or a Sunrise?”:
- Forensic Accounting and Financial Criminology
- Risk Management
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting and Costing
- Auditing and Internal Control
- Public Sector Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- International Accounting
- Accounting Education
- Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Islamic Accounting
- Social and Environmental Accounting
- Business and Management
Paper Submission Deadline [Extended]
15 January 2020
Acceptance Notification to Authors [Extended]
22 January 2020
Deadline for Revised/Final Version [Extended]
22 January 2020
15 January 2020
- The paper must be original and have not been previously accepted in a journal or under consideration for publication elsewhere
- All papers must conform to the standard single-column format set in MS Word Template (Download it HERE)
- The paper must be written in English with a maximum of 10 single-spaced pages, including an abstract, references, tables, figures and appendices
- Any additional page will be charged USD 20 per page
- Abstracts without the completed paper will NOT be accepted.
- Papers must be sent through the OpenConf Peer Review and Conference Management System.
Papers for the presentation at the conference will be selected through a double-blind peer review process. Please ensure that the authors' names do not appear in the first submission.
At least one author for each accepted paper must register and pay the fees for the conference by 15 January 2020 in order for the paper to be included in the Program and the Conference proceedings. By submitting a paper to present at the ICAF-IMDS 2020, you explicitly agree that you will have a fund and shall register for the conference.
Append together with Declaration Form as a single pdf.
Accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Authors will be required to transfer copyright of their paper to ICAF-IMDS 2020. The Proceedings will be available in the ICAF-IMDS Digital Library which can be accessed online, and will also be available in hard copy after the Conference. The Proceedings will be sent to ISI Thomson and Scopus for indexing.
On the basis of the recommendations provided by the peer reviewers, quality papers will be considered for publication in the following refereed journals:
- Indian-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Finance (IPJAF);
- ICAN Journal of Accounting and Finance;
- Journal of Business Management and Accounting (JBMA);
- International Journal of Management Studies (IJMS);
- Malaysian Management Journals (MMJ);
- Management and Accounting Review (MAR);
- Asia-Pacific Management Accounting Journal (APMAJ)
The accepted papers are subject to compliance to review report, editorial comments, conference feedback, and payment of applicable submission fees. Before submission, papers need to be formatted as per the journal requirements. Authors of the shortlisted papers will be invited to enhance their papers (i.e., improving the findings, expanding in some areas and drilling deeper into others, to justify a good journal publication) for submission and possible publication in the relevant journals. Papers will undergo the journal's peer review process, and the journal's Editors will select accepted papers for publication.
We use the OpenConf Peer Review and Conference Management System for paper submission and reviewing process. Authors are required to submit and upload the paper online.
*The registration fee includes Certificate of presentation, Conference materials, coffee breaks, lunch.
**The registration fee includes Conference material, Lunch.
Conference Payment Dealine Date: 20 December 2019
For members who desire to withdraw from participation after payment, the following rules shall apply:
b) Refund of 100% of fees paid, less administration charge ($200), will be returned on request if cancellation is thirty days or more before the event.
c) Refund of 50% of fees paid, less administration charge ($200) will be returned on request if cancellation is made between fifteen and thirty days before the event.
d) No refund will be made if cancellation is less than fifteen days before the event.
e) Refunds (less administrative charge of $200) to delegates denied Visa would be made 60 working days after the Conference.
f) No refund will be made once the Visa is issued for the purpose of attending this conference, but the participant subsequently declines attendance.
Accommodation can be arranged at a negotiated rate, which is inclusive of breakfast and dinner for International Presenters and/or participant.
ICAF-IMDS 2020 Secretariat