Call for Papers
Announcement and Call for Papers
The 1st International Conference on Accounting and Finance (ICAF-IMDS 2019) is jointly organised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria Malaysia & District Society (IMDS). The conference maintains strategic alliances with the Accounting Research Institute (ARI), Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM), Institute for Strategic and Sustainable Accounting Development (ISSAD), Tunku Puteri Intan Safinaz School of Accountancy (TISSA-UUM), and Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM).
ICAF-IMDS 2019 seeks research papers related, but not limited, to the following areas linked with the Conference theme, “Transition to the Fourth Industrial Revolution: The Starting Blocks for Emerging Economies”:
- Forensic Accounting and Financial Criminology
- Risk Management
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting and Costing
- Auditing and Internal Control
- Public Sector Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- International Accounting
- Accounting Education
- Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Islamic Accounting
- Social and Environmental Accounting
- Business and Management
Paper Submission Deadline
31 October 2018 (EXTENDED)
Acceptance Notification to Authors
15 November 2018 (EXTENDED)
Deadline for Revised/Final Version
13 January 2019
Registration Deadline for Authors*
20 January 2019
*for their papers to be included in the proceedings
- The paper must be original and have not been previously accepted in a journal or under consideration for publication elsewhere
- All papers must conform to the standard single-column format set in MS Word Template (Download it HERE)
- The paper must be written in English with a maximum of 10 single-spaced pages, including an abstract, references, tables, figures and appendices
- Any additional page will be charged USD 20 per page
- Abstracts without the completed paper will NOT be accepted.
- Papers must be sent through the OpenConf Peer Review and Conference Management System.
Papers for the presentation at the conference will be selected through a double-blind peer review process. Please ensure that the authors' names do not appear in the first submission.
At least one author for each accepted paper must register and pay the fees for the conference by 31 December 2018 in order for the paper to be included in the Program and the Conference proceedings. By submitting a paper to present at the ICAF-IMDS 2019, you explicitly agree that you will have a fund and shall register for the conference.
Append together with Declaration Form as a single pdf.
Accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Authors will be required to transfer copyright of their paper to ICAF-IMDS 2019. The Proceedings will be available in the ICAF-IMDS Digital Library which can be accessed online, and will also be available in hard copy after the Conference. The Proceedings will be sent to ISI Thomson and Scopus for indexing.
On the basis of the recommendations provided by the peer reviewers, quality papers will be considered for publication in the following refereed journals:
- Indian-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Finance (IPJAF);
- ICAN Journal of Accounting and Finance
- Journal of Business Management and Accounting (JBMA);
- International Journal of Management Studies (IJMS);
- Malaysian Management Journals (MMJ);
The accepted papers are subject to compliance to review report, editorial comments, conference feedback, and payment of applicable submission fees. Before submission, papers need to be formatted as per the journal requirements. Authors of the shortlisted papers will be invited to enhance their papers (i.e., improving the findings, expanding in some areas and drilling deeper into others, to justify a good journal publication) for submission and possible publication in the relevant journals. Papers will undergo the journal's peer review process, and the journal's Editors will select accepted papers for publication.
We use the OpenConf Peer Review and Conference Management System for paper submission and reviewing process. Authors are required to submit and upload the paper online.
Touring/Sightseeing Event (Optional)
ICAF-IMDS 2019 Secretariat
Tunku Puteri Intan Safinaz School of Accountancy, Universiti Utara Malaysia
06010 UUM Sintok, Kedah, MALAYSIA
Tel: +604 928 7303; +60164354874