1. What are the possible Airlines to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?
The list of all international flights flying Nigeria-Malaysia route is contained in Table 1.
Table 1: List of Airlines
2. Can delegates/ participants/ presenters travel from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching, Sarawak through Air?
Yes. Upon arrival at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, delegates/ participants/ presenters can fly down to Kuching, Sarawak using the services of any of the domestic airlines in Table 2.
*** Local flights commences from 0700Hrs to 2300Hrs
3. Are there Shopping opportunities in Kuching?
Kuching, Sarawak is an international tourist Island that provides visitors with an array of big shopping malls with duty-free package. Delegates/presenters/participants can refer to the conference brochure for more information about Kuching, Sarawak.
4. Is there any arrangement for excess luggage arrangement for delegates, presenters and participants?
Yes. The conference organisers have a readymade provision to cater for the need of delegates with excess luggage through cargo at a very cheap and affordable rate. Payment will be made on delivery in Nigeria.
5. Can delegates/ presenters/ participant request for extra mattress where the number of accompanying persons (children) are more than the bed space?
Yes, delegate can demand for additional mattress at the Reception of the hotel subject to hotel rate per night.
6. Is there any special provision to aid prompt procurement of Visa for the Conference?
Yes, the organizers of Malaysia Conference Agenda 2020 (ICAN Malaysia) and ICAN Nigeria will be in touch with the Malaysia High Commission Abuja, Nigeria. Please contact the Officers stated in the Call for Papers and the Registration Form. For immigration purpose in Malaysia, the E-passport of the delegates/ presenters/ participants will be in the custody of the conference organiser on arrival. The passport will be returned on the day of departure.
7. Can delegates/ presenters/participants stay extra days after the conference?
Yes, but delegates, presenters and participants are permitted to stay for two weeks as stamped in their International passport by the Malaysian Immigration Service at the point of entry. The organisers do not expect any delegate to stay beyond the approved periods as any violation attracts serious penalty by the Malaysia Immigration Service.
8. Can I change the name of the author or paper title after I submit the paper? Can I change the title and author's name in the draft conference program?
You can make any changes before 15 January 2020 through the ICAF OpenConf. After this deadline, no change of any kind is allowed.
9. My university needs more time to approve my application. What should I do?
You need to let us know approximate time of approval. We treat the issue case by case. In any case, we cannot wait after 15 January 2020.
10. I have published full paper and can I change to abstract only in the proceedings?
Yes, you can. But you must inform us by 31 December 2019. After this date, a fee of USD $100 will apply to any changes requested.
11. Can I publish in ICAF-IMDS proceedings without coming to the Conference?
If your paper is accepted, you can publish your paper without coming to the conference but you need to pay the full fees.
12. Will I receive written feedback about my full paper?
Yes, every author will receive a feedback which can be obtained from the OpenConference Management System after the notification of acceptance has been issued.
13. Can I publish my paper in other journal after it is included in the conference proceedings?
Yes. You can publish your paper anywhere even if your paper is included in the proceedings. However, it depends on the journal requirements. 30-70% of changes need to be made from the original paper.
14. Can I be sponsored or get a special discount?
We have no fund to sponsor any author. Please refer to fee schedule.
15. When will I get draft Conference program?
We shall update our website at least 1 week before the commencement of the conference.
16. I have no Credit card. Can I Pay cash on arrival?
No, it is not possible and appropriate you cannot. However, if you are from countries where there is foreign currency restrictions, you can pay cash on arrival. But you need to send us a scanned copy of your Visa, confirmed air-ticket and a scanned letter from the funding body or your department stating that registration will be paid on arrival without any failure and we need these documents by 31st December. After this deadline, nobody will be included in the program.
17. Can I deduct money transfer fee from the registration fee?
No amount can be deducted from the registration fee.Transfer fee is bound by delegate/participant.
18. Does your Conference proceedings have ISBN/ISSN?
We shall provide ISBN (both print and online).
19. Do you provide hard copy proceedings?
Yes. But we will only print out the proceedings after the conference and it needs to be ordered seperately.
20. I want to book hotel through you and can you help me? Do you have any special room rate for the hotel where your conference is held?
We have adopted Imperial Hotel, Kuching for the Conference. Also, delegate/presenter shall enjoy special rate (kindly refer to Registration Form link)
21. Can you sponsor me for the conference? Can you provide me with financial assistance?
We do not provide any assistance for visa or sponsorship.
22. My co-author is attending the conference? How much he needs to pay? Can I pay for him as guest?.
Co-author has to pay similar rate as the main author. There is no special rate for guest.
23. Can I register for a day only?
We do not allow day registration. You need to pay full registration fee but you can stay a day.
24. Can I bring my guest or children?
Yes, you can bring them but you need to send us their names before 15 January 2020 for name tag and meal coupons and you need to pay a similar rate as a participant.
25. Will my paper be published in the refereed proceedings with ISBN?
Yes, your paper will be published in the proceedings with ISBN after it has been accepted. Please do let us know if you do not want it to be published. You can just attend for presentation only.
26. I have sent you Registration form but no payment. I promised that I will pay you on arrival. But I have not attended your conference despite my promise. What penalty I will have to pay?
By submitting a paper to ICAF-IMDS, virtually you already have a commitment to attend the conference and pay the conference fee. By right, if your paper has been accepted, you must pay regardless of your presence or absence in the conference since we have paid for your food, conference materials and printed documents, apart from editing and uploading your paper to the conference proceedings. All these cost money and you cannot compel us to bear such loss. If you fail to pay, the matter will be raised to your department and university to send us payment. Moreover, your paper will be deleted from the conference proceedings and you will not be allowed to join any of our conferences and none of your paper will be published in our proceedings. We strongly recommend you not to make any commitment of submitting a paper if you cannot come and cannot make payment.
27. I have submitted a paper and abstract but I am not sure whether I will get funding or I am not sure whether I will be able to attend your conference. Can I ask you to accept it for another conference organized by you? What is your suggestion?
If you are not able to join the conference after your paper is accepted, you can let us know immediately or you can ask us to consider it for our next conference. If you are certain that you will not be able to come, please do not waste our and your time by sending paper or abstract. Our experience is that many authors send their papers or abstract to us just to test the acceptability of their papers or abstract. In fact, they do not intend to come to the conference (as if it is fun!) even if their papers are accepted. We request all such authors to discontinue such time-wasting practice which will be a tremendous help to us and to all conference organisers. We would appreciate your cooperation in this regard.